Fraser Island 4th Nov 06

Alby

Hi Guys

Have been absent for a few weeks.....building a deck! Lotsa a fun;)

Well, I've nearly finished the deck, and friends who own a house at Orchid Beach, asked us up for the weekend. Main object was to install some new furniture, curtains etc. We really only took a break late in the day to coast down the track to the water then drive about 1klm towards Waddy Point to a big gutter.

Gazillions of little bream / tarwine, and the odd tailor. The littel stuff was onto your bait as soon as it hit the water. The water was clear as... after about 1/2hr i got a medium tailor as did my friends shortly after. I decided to walk up the beach a little to get away from the small stuff. We were throwing back better than legal size bream though. Saw a few dart caught on pippies. Anyway I flicked out a pilly..... a couple of thumps and I hooked this nice 62.5cm tailor. So good to have to give a bit of line. A beautiful fish.

[img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Tailor_62.jpg

Note my mate Pete's mark from the previous week's best catch.......in the middle of the tail ' V'.

Here's the spot:-

Post edited by: Alby, at: 2006/11/05 22:06

post-282-144598402546_thumb.jpg

Archived