raby bay rocks report

badboygibbo

Last weekend i went for a fish with my mate at raby bay on the rocks. Normally we go on the rocks which are toward the riht hand side but i was full of fisherman therefore we tried out some different ones just opposite. We caught some whitin in the day up to 28cm and we came back later at night and tom my mate caught squire i think it was 35 or 36cm an he was reali happy bout that coz he hasnt caught squire before. then comes my turn an i caught a pb flathead at 55cm (not that big but it is my first flathead that i have landed properly.) whiting caught on worms and snapper and flathead were caught on unweighted pilchard on ganged 3/0 hooks. What happened when i caught the flathead was i casted the pilchard out and sat down for a bit had a fiddle with another rod and when i had a look at the rod again there was slack line that drooped down to the floor and into the water. about 20mins later i thought i would reel in and check my bait when there was a weight on the end of my line. the flathead woke up and went for a few runs before i landed him on the rocks.

Archived