Going after squid

Jordan

Jordan wrote:

awesome thanks for that mate, will keep that in mind. does it pay to start at dawn or does time of day not really matter?

jimmybob seems to do best at night.

Also he told me he only bothers if their is no one around. The quieter the better as they spook easily.

Angus

m8 ive gone a few times off the humble shorncliffe peir and have bagged a few every time (worst ive done is 3) they r not the monsters but they make gud bait if the arnt big enough for calimari!

if u go from the pier ive found that the spot just after the little shelter thing works best, but yer nice an quite or they will drop nuts.. and ur jig...

gud luck m8!

-Wiseguy

im trying to convince mrsjimmybob to come out squidding tonite:) ..have had squid hassling my sps during the day off scarbrough reef but never bothered trying the jetties during the day, not to say you wont get em there during the day thou......then on the inside of moreton during the day is great for em on the weedbeds...squid..i love em but they can be so damn frustrating!:huh:

hahaha frustrating? thats a bit of an understatement from jimmybob for those that know his temper!

jimmybob is kinda anal about squidding, makes me go late at night to avoid the people or he gets the shits....then the tide has to fall at the right time in the middle of the night, a couple of days either side of a full moon with the right light falling on the right shadows and apparently the colder the better....any wonder he has to convince me to go

mrsjimmybob wrote:

thats a bit of an understatement from jimmybob for those that know his temper!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You still got a mobile jimmy?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, some of us know his temper :ohmy:

Sorry, can't help with t hread never caught a squid, and not going to bother trying. But best of luck with your endeavours Jordan!

Archived