Brays snapper

fishsurfdive

Well ive been reading all the adventures the guys in kyaks have had out out Brays rock off Caloundra recently, so I jumped at the chance to do a dive there on Friday last week. I rang a diver to get a report and he said he would meet me there, I arived and two divers were heading out. I got ready and jumped in the water and started the long paddle, poping my head above the surface every now and then to see where the other divers flags were. There was not much on the way out but when we arived at the reef fish life incresed, lots of extra large yakkas, gar, bream, blubber lips, parrot fish, some big tuskfish and lots of other things. The boys had seen some good crays and missed a few parrot. Anyway I separated from them and picked up a nice bream, had a bit of a look around the shallow reef, until. I had the feeling something was watching and apon turing around, I was surprised to see a snapper about 3-4kg looking at me. He came in towards me and then sarted to move off, at this stage I was aiming and thinking, s@###^^ dont miss. luckily I did not miss and had my PB snapper. I then shortly got another bream. Having caught up with the other two we decided to go in, the tide had changed and murky water decesnded upon the reef and the current was picking up. We swam in, took forever, and was a bit freaky, could not see bottom for a while and were a long way out. Anyway was a great dive, but i may take my boat out next time.

• 3 months later...

Saffa; See the thread "Biggles gets a PB today"

You have two options: Launch inside the passage and head out through th ebar, or launch from that boat ramp. Safe is relative, in a tinny you'd have to hit the boat ramp (concrete with wooden slats) at speed to you go up the ramp and out of the water (remember to lift that motor up!)

It's about a kilometre or less out of the caloundra headland (near kings beach) You really cannot miss it. Loko for the breaking waves in the middle of no where

Archived