Noosa Trev ID.

pinkey

Hey guys,

Not much to report from today

Tough day at noosa, water is brown as.

Tally.

ME 1, 42cm flathead, 1 low 20's bream, 1 big glassy perch :P. And i lost a ripper bream by lifting it up over some railings, Would of been a pb, looked low 30's fork, thats fishing.

Callum. 46cm ? Trev

Sam. 31cm tip bream.

All fish on plastics.

This pic makes the trev look small. but it was 46cm.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/new_rod_003_AFO.jpg

any ideas?

post-1500-144598468863_thumb.jpg

Yeah I call them tea-leaf as well - dunno if it's right or wrong though but that spot where you picked up this fella, if I'm not mistaken, is a pretty good spot to get some really good sized ones!

I used to hit that spot dawn and dusk and I got some beauties there!! I always used to see them working the surface there!! Poppers and live prawns used to be the gun bait for them - even got a really good sized tarpon there - now that was a story and a half but damm it put up one hell of an aerial exhibition for me and everyone else that was there fishing nearby!!

Also, just around to the left of the pic, there used to be a MASSIVE eel that I would catch fairly regularly and there are also some really big stingrays there as well, usually when you walk under the bridge. Never seen a really big flatty come out of that area but they would have to be there - it's too good an area for them to not be there!!

It's a great spot - it doesn't look like much but there are even jacks around the bridge pylons too!!

Been a while since I've been up that way, might just have to head back there as the temps keep on going up!!

Well done, sounds like a nice session!!

Shorty :)

Cool. Thanks shorty. Yeah, this one was caught at the mouth of the canal neer the marina thing, thats the one your talking about?. Got our bream up near the weir/lock thing. Saw one or 2 bustups from trevs, im sure it would go alot better in summer when the waters clear.

Just looked it up in the grants guide to fishes and it is a brassy trevally or otherwise knowen as a papuna trevally. It is the only trevally that looks like the one in the pic but they dont show a pic of a tea leaf trevally but I have caught them before and that dosent look like one.

Archived