Lil Help !

Josco84

G'day peeps!

I've got a little quandary i was hoping i could get a little help on :cheer:

The situation

I work in a small firm in Brisbane and on the weekends myself and a colleague go fishing in the Brissie river. We generally pull in a few catties, eels and stingrays and enjoy the time sitting round doin sweet stuff all. However our fishing habits have attracted the attention of our boss. Now his idea of fishing is chartering a big boat going out into deep sea and dropping lines in amongst a school. The quandary is that he is riding our backs about how crap fisherman we make. I would be over the freakin moon to rub his nose in some nice lil bullshark pics as this is what we've been primarily chasing. From what i can gather and what i've read online we're geared up well for smaller sharks (nothing over the top as i like i good fight!). We generally use fresh mullet as bait and chuck some pillies with a lil tuna oil in as a bit of burly. Can anyone enlighten me on some decent spots in the river (either brissie or logan) and the best times for sharks. I've heard night, low tide? Anyhow any help would be wicked cause maybe we do just really suck lol! :evil:

Thanks

Jordan

Josco84 wrote:

G'day peeps!

I've got a little quandary i was hoping i could get a little help on :cheer:

The situation

I work in a small firm in Brisbane and on the weekends myself and a colleague go fishing in the Brissie river. We generally pull in a few catties, eels and stingrays and enjoy the time sitting round doin sweet stuff all. However our fishing habits have attracted the attention of our boss. Now his idea of fishing is chartering a big boat going out into deep sea and dropping lines in amongst a school. The quandary is that he is riding our backs about how crap fisherman we make. I would be over the freakin moon to rub his nose in some nice lil bullshark pics as this is what we've been primarily chasing. From what i can gather and what i've read online we're geared up well for smaller sharks (nothing over the top as i like i good fight!). We generally use fresh mullet as bait and chuck some pillies with a lil tuna oil in as a bit of burly. Can anyone enlighten me on some decent spots in the river (either brissie or logan) and the best times for sharks. I've heard night, low tide? Anyhow any help would be wicked cause maybe we do just really suck lol! :evil:

Thanks

Jordan

I sure there will be a few people that will help you... in about 11 days ...

After the BRC...:laugh:

Josco

First thing is loose the pillies. The mullet is OK but for the river live bait is the go.

The pillies are good for the open bay and outside but in the river the sharks are looking for bream, whiting, live prawns, mullet, herring etc.

Also the tuna oil is a worry in the river as the tide runs so fast the burley takes the sharks away with the tide.

Timing is something that can be agrued - most people say night time but I prefer early morning.

Tide I say incoming.

Location I say at the mouth or way up the other end.

Hope it helps you to stick it to your boss:P

There is a new section for sharking on this site found under the Fishing tab on the main menu, however you'll have to stay tuned as there won't be much done on this until after the Brisbane River Classic fishing comp.

If you have any advice, tips, information on sharking there will be a section to submit your knowledge after the BRC as well to be included in these sections.

There will also be weekly and monthly prizes for member contributions on the site :cheer:

mate have you considered competing in the Brisbane River Classic? Its next weekend and should be a lot of fun.

On the final day there will be a bit of a BBQ (for competitors :P )

If your not competing, this would still eb a great op to ask some Brissy river guru's a few questions.

Good luck mate!

Angus

Guest IcEkNiGhT

mate try luggage point in brissy river with whole mullet on the bottom. adn in the logan try the powerlines with suspended mullet, cant fail :) as for burley i wouldent waste my time there already there :P

Archived