What is your biggest fish?

BIG DAVE 1

Hey guys just wondering what your biggest fish is in both fresh and saltwater? This doesnt include sharks, mine is a 73cm flathea, 40cm giant trevally. and 1.7m eel, a 40cm tandanus catfish and a 50cm 37cm sooty grunter (that was in a private dam) so it doesnt count.

dave

yeha i got my sooty, i also hooked into heap of barcoo grunters and 1 eel all fish were caught on fly at the flyfishing park down at beenleigh but its now pretty much gone to the shits the fish stocks have decreased dramatically and the owner doesnt really care for the place any more.

dave

• 9 months later...

at sea; 200+kg black marlin the ribbon reefs

the beach; 37kg cobia when chasing tailor at palm beach:woohoo:

rocks;82 llbs jewfish north wall tweed river

river:12kg threadfin at kooka park

creek:15.5 llb jack tallebudgera creek

fresh water:46cm bass lake moogerah

Sorry jeff , beat your marlin by arround 50+ kgs,Funny enough caught off NO 4 ribbon.

Does a 180 lb Mouri wrasse count. Caught out on the Swains reef, Weighed & released.

Like Jeff been fishing for many years, and worked on pro boats, so you get to places not too many go to and stay longer.There is still alot of big fish outthere just got to find them

jeff f wrote:

180llb hump:woohoo: bet you were sore after hauling that up they pull like mad things

Wasnt too bad, I was alot younger then, and we were using 14\" ALVEY deck winchs.

But it took 3 of us to get him on board thru transom door.

Post edited by: Lozzel, at: 2007/03/30 18:13

i have caught a mangrove jack measuring 110 cm, didn't way it, at the coomera river, i go there every year trying to catch the big one again, never got anything close but 9 times out of ten i will get one over 60 cm, i usually get about 30 jaks a year between dec and feb, dont even think about asking the spot, this one is too good to give away

Archived