no name creek

shaggy

It had been a long weeks work on the North coast of NSW, made worse by being in very fishy country with no time stretch out the casting arm.

So on my way back to QLD, when I pulled off the main road and into a pretty little valley, the spin gear in the back seat started to jump around in anticipation. ( could have been the pot holes though ;) )

Shortly after I was standing next to one of those creeks that trout and bass fisherman dream they will fish with St Peter at the pearly gates. Small deep pools, full of snags, punctuated by fast runs of gin clear water. It screamed fish.

My first few cast's to a mid water snag went un-noticed, so then I turned my attention to a log in the water running parallel to the bank. My first cast was almost dead on, but had looped over the end of a bottle brush hanging over the creek, with the little suspending scorpion just resting on top of the water. We can can all guess what happened next. BOOOOOOSH!!...but she missed first go. Blam.... we're on. After a short tussle, which I could see clearly, and having a couple of mates following her, a very healthy 30+ cm bass hit the bank.

To cut a long story short, I had her mates follow several times without a hookup, and moved on to the next hole to miss another one around 35. The next hole produced two sluggers about 30 from a fast flowing section between an undercut bank, and small underwater snag.

Three good fish from 50 metres of creek in about 20 minutes, tough way to finish the week, in country pretty enough that it almost looked like QLD.

Sorry no Pic's, and I had 2 cmaera's that I left in the car!!:unsure:

Thanks guys, was a top session.

I'm really blown away by these bass, having only started fishing for them in the last 12 mths.

Dinodadog - Have heard the headwaters of the piney hold a few fish? Have you fished up this way.

Dazza - your albert reports are awesome.... will definately get over that way soon.

Archived