Is anyone here a Fencer, or build fences...

rob316

I got a quote for getting a front fence, and some down the side of the house and next doors front fence. The quote seems a bit pricey but maybe I have no idea...The fence I need is just a plain cheap pailing fence at 1200mm high, the 3 areas are approx 17 mtrs each and straight but 2 lots are slightly sloping as I live on a hill...If anybody knows the "ballpark" price per metre so I can figure if I am getting an ok price, or if anyone wants to quote and do the work please let me know. Rob

Thought of doing it myself, but I'm just crap at stuff like that...but it's looking more like the option as I've been quoted approx $70.00 mtr , I was thinking more like $52.00 a mtr...It's been quoted as steel posts, timber runners and rails etc - asked for the cheapest option...

I am Bayside area, Lota/Manly...rang 3 people only 1 bothered to call back thats why only 1 quote in 2 weeks...It's not a difficult job...will look into it more, might have to try myself.

Hi, not a fencer, but a building supervisor. 1800mm high traeted pine paling butted fence with Treated hardwood posts should not cost you more than $30 per lineal meter. (builders only pay up to $25 per meter) Steel posts will ramp the price up, if he suggest that after you asked for cheapest type, hes not quoting what YOU want.

You may need to persivere with getting quotes and to nail someone to do the job, its that or do it yourself (not too hard, but if your time poor or dont have the tools, more difficult). you got any mates that are chippies?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, thanks fellas...not from this site but it helped alot with the process= now down to $45-00 a metre so by next Thursday I will know if the quality is there, the savings sure are - geez, from $70 to $45 means that 36 odd metres is saving me a bundle and it looks basically the same bar cca posts...For that price I decided not to do it myself and save the agony and missed fishing time!

Mate we are in the same boat chasing quotes for our fence in Alex hills . Trades are crying poor from no work but can't even answer a phone or call back . We have 28 m of fencing at 1500 high to be done and 5 m at the back with a double gate 6ft high and got quotes from 3 - 4 grand . That's hardwood posts and treated palings only

Mate we are in the same boat chasing quotes for our fence in Alex hills . Trades are crying poor from no work but can't even answer a phone or call back . We have 28 m of fencing at 1500 high to be done and 5 m at the back with a double gate 6ft high and got quotes from 3 - 4 grand . That's hardwood posts and treated palings only

Pm sent Billy

Archived