recommend charter?

dexxl

Hey mate site sponsors and good blokes are Brisbane Bay Tours. Dont let the name fool you though as they go outside most the time. They have been getting good Snaps lately.

There are 2 spare spots for a trip this weekend that have been discounted for AFO members.

If you give Danny a call on 0419178208 and mention your a AFO member he will look after you.

Cheers.

Angus

Angus wrote:

Hey Gad. Your eldest son might actually know the boys who run Brisbane Bay Tours as well as they were deckies for Palermo as well.

Its actually quite funny being out with BBT as they are often on the radio with John exchanging info :P

Good luck.

:fishing:

Cheers Angus,

I`ll mention it to him on Saturday,he`s coming down from Rocky for a week,we have some varied fishing plans for the time.

yea most of those guys can work in with each other for the good of all.

Is there a political statement in there????

DOnt know which 1 to recomkmend but i do know however which 1 to stay away from.

Do not under any circumstances go anywhere near Out there charters. If you do you may as well just deposit your money into my bank account. At least i will give you a bottle of water for your $170

Hi Dexxl,

Matey this is my 2nd go,Angus sensored my first,hahaha,

first check out our sponsors.

Have been out of Tweed on Cheryl Lee skippered by Charlie Reynolds,6am-2.30,good day good catches,crew were great,did every thing to make it a great experience.

#1 & #2 sons and I have booked on BK`s charter out of Labrador,6am-2/3pm, next Wed 5/11,$90 each,if interested PM me that night and I`ll,brag,I mean let you know how it went.

cheers

shortie wrote:

DOnt know which 1 to recomkmend but i do know however which 1 to stay away from.

Do not under any circumstances go anywhere near Out there charters. If you do you may as well just deposit your money into my bank account. At least i will give you a bottle of water for your $170

Even better, deposit the money in my account and I will take you out for a fish for a couple of hours atleast.

Yea Outthere Charters was pretty out there. The only charter I have never heard a bad report about is BK's and would give them a try next time I want to fish out wide.

now i'm more confused then when i first started lol

i'll give BK charters a call, failing that i'll try 'fish the deep' (picture says a thousand words..) then i'll go for john palmero

thanks for all the advice. i'll let you guys know how it went

BK charters are booked out until the end of december, for a group my size anyway. other charters wanted to charge $40-$50 more for another 30mins of fishing so we decided not to go.

*sigh* so disappointed....

i'll book a trip for jan sometime, anyone interested?

I went on BK charters a couple of months back. Nice enough man but you get what you pay for. The lunch and drinks were homebrand biscuits and the best soft drink was Pepsi.

When we got out there we were told not to let the sinkers hit the ocean floor as the bigger fish were a couple of metres above it. Well for the whole time we were out there we barely got anything.We'd berley up then if nothing was doing in 15 minutes we'd move on.

The only one who managed to catch plenty was a bloke from my work who let his hit the ocean floor. He only told us after but he said that he used to fish deep sea back in NZ and he always had his tackle(keep it clean):blink: hit the ground and had a high hook up rate as a result.

I have spoken to another charter business who have basically said that it's just as good if not better to have the tackle hit the floor and that the fella from BK may not have wanted to lose money on lost tackle and therefore gave us that advice. Food for thought. In future I will pay that little bit extra.

bootyinblue wrote:

shortie wrote:

Even better, deposit the money in my account and I will take you out for a fish for a couple of hours atleast.

Yea Outthere Charters was pretty out there. The only charter I have never heard a bad report about is BK's and would give them a try next time I want to fish out wide.

Trying to hold back here, but it ain't working.

BK's was by far the worst charter I have been on by far. A group of us have been out with them twice for zip. The last time the skipper anchored up and went to sleep while we caught "bait".

After the first trip I put the lack of service down to a bad day. After the second trip I put the lack of service down to the bad skipper/operator. No refresments, no snacks, no fish and they came back early both times.

Members have mentioned BK's before and I have said nothing, but better rip up your money that give it to these guys.

Good luck

geez that doesnt sound good death ray, thats what i liked about tom cat charters, dave the skip said to us the wind direction and current would be against us and the fishing might be a bit hard but he never dropped anchor and set us up so we were standing in the right spot so our lines would be dropping on target and continously drifted through his spots we all went home with at least 4-5 fish each of parrot / tuckies and cod and a few pearlies in the bunch too. he called that a small haul. dave has been fishing the area for a long time and certainly has options/plans for what ever wind and conditions there was plenty of water and soft drinks, the food was some nice iced bakery treats for smoko and some good salad and chicken/ham rolls for lunch nothing outa the ordinary but kept you satisfied. im yet to go on a charter that has matched his quality/ workmanship yet.

Hi All,

#1 and #2 sons and I went out on BK`s charters yesterday,6-11am,5/11.

Conditions were,blowy,fair swell,fairly strong current running,continuous showers.

No bait caught at usual bait grounds.

Fishing and comfort levels tough all round.

Having said all that,we could not contradict anything that has been mentioned by previous posts on this topic

Archived