Colmslie again today 31/10/08

chubbstar

I just have to nail this place, Finished work at 6am so now I'm heading to BCF to grab a cast net and a portible live tank, Then heading to Colmslie to fish the incoming tide. If anyone has the day off and are in the area feel free to call in and say hi. Look for the big fellah with the blood shot eyes:blink:

Jayson

Prick of a day, I shoulda went to bed. I caught a large Sting ray and had a few misses. But I some how broke my LCD screen on my Nokia N95:blink:

I reckon I would have to be in the top ten fishermen on here when it comes to catching foreign objects:ohmy: Caught my self a boat paddle today:huh: Alloy arm, plastic blade and handle.

Thats 1 pair of Bogagrips, Many,many crab pots, fishing rods and now a boat oar:huh:

Anybody else a pro when it comes to foreign objects:lol:

Jayson

chubbstar wrote:

Prick of a day, I shoulda went to bed. I caught a large Sting ray and had a few misses. But I some how broke my LCD screen on my Nokia N95:blink:

I reckon I would have to be in the top ten fishermen on here when it comes to catching foreign objects:ohmy: Caught my self a boat paddle today:huh: Alloy arm, plastic blade and handle.

Thats 1 pair of Bogagrips, Many,many crab pots, fishing rods and now a boat oar:huh:

Jayson

Jayson thats a clever way to introduce the lastest addition to the rod & reel collection!!! " hey darl looks what I caught at spot x today" B);) ;)

TerryH wrote:

Eastaboga Bogagrips?? or just some xyz brand lip grips?

The ridgey didge Bogagrips mate, with the 30lb scales in the handle. I cleaned them up the other day and they are like new.

A couple of rods that I have caught have been RS, but a few have been realy good, just needed a clean and line change.

Jayson

Smiderman wrote:

chubbstar wrote:

Jayson

Jayson thats a clever way to introduce the lastest addition to the rod & reel collection!!! " hey darl looks what I caught at spot x today" B);) ;)

you would be suprised what i sometimes get in the cast net, a fold up chair, new, 10 speed racing bike, bullets, and the hand gun to match, handed in at the cop shop to name a few, but not much fishin gear :(

chubbstar wrote:

Jayson

Chubbs,

If I were you,I`d up the breaking strain of your line,you never know some one may have forgot to put the bungs in a 4metre tinnie

cheers

i went out to colmslie the other night on high tide, all i got was a catfish and one 22cm bream. a couple of tiny nibbles but aside from that nothing.

Although i am a pretty huge newbie when it comes to fishing, just getting started :D

on another note, anyone fish nudgee area last night, around dusk-8pm or so? I was there at the boat ramp area with a few mates, the wind was outrageous. casting half a pilchard was almost like flying a kite at times, lol. all we got was one tiny bream and a 60cm catfish, but I was happy with the catfish cause its the biggest fish i've landed to date :)

contemplated eating him but we sent him on his way instead.

PS, just to completely derail the thread, where does most of the fishing happen in nudgee beach area? The boat ramp seemed like it might be OK with calmer conditions if i could cast out to the mangroves etc, but do more people fish up a little further north at that small jetty?

Cheers

Archived