First Jack!!!

84mick

Hey girls and guys, I have already put this post on 2 other forums but a couple of people on here have helped me out so I thought I post on here aswell ;-)

Woohoo! Well after about 5 fishless (including by catch) trips and my father flying over from WA on short notice we managed to get out last night. Shortly after arriving to our spot Dad got 2 solid hits but didn't hook up, thats was it for a few hours and just before we were gonna call it quits Bang zzzz after 10min fight I pull in my first Jack at 46cm, after a quick photo it was released. Tried a few poppers after that and had some good follows but no takers.

Cheers, Mick.

P.s I'd like to thank all the guys who have helped me out! You know who you are [img size=314]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Mangrovejack_005.jpg

post-287-144598477042_thumb.jpg

Good onya mate!!:) :)

Thats one fish that has eluded me for many years, might have to venture further north to bag one I think!!:unsure::blink: :blink:

Awesome for ya dad to be there too when ya land ya first mate!!;) ;)

bet he was stoked for ya!!;) ;)

Cheers.!!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

Taz ever heard to saying, "the harded you fight a jack they harder they will fight back"? Well something like that.

I was using 10lb braid and 14lb leader with fresh mullet strip. We HAD to cast the bait right up against the wall to get away from the pickers and get to the jacks. 1m or more away from it it was to far away. That was the key!

Cheers, Mick.

P.s sorry for taking so long to reply.

Archived