coochin 8.11.08

James W

well today me and fergie hit up coochin in quest of trolling up some flatties and what ever else was keen to jump on board..was a pretty good mixed bag today..but nothing huge...ian (fergie) kicked things off with a grunter bream on a sx40 and then a bream...while we were trolling i was also flickin sps around into the mangroves and scored a nice little flattie on a squdigy shad...we trolled around for a few more hours and scored some more flatties and cod and i picked up some cod and moses perch flickin the gulp shrimps in close...got blown away by what i thnk was a trev on a flick bait as it hit hard and then proceded to head for open water and spat the sp back at me as we gave chase(hit was peeling line off fast!)...was a awesome day..me and ferg havent hit coochin up together in ages...

some pics [img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC00386.jpg

post-180-144598477461_thumb.jpg

post-180-144598478112_thumb.jpg

pcsolutionman wrote:

jimmybob wrote:
roys road lee...past the orange orchard

Yeah thought so, you do realise you were not fishing Coochin creek but the main pasage? Coochin is a fair way from the launch uppast the orchids. if you want to fish Coochin Launch from the Concrete ramp past the camping grounds.

Lee

we only use the ramp near the camping grounds if we go up stream...im not too fond of fishing at all in the areas between that ramp and the mouth..we never do any good there..you?

Archived