Brisbane River | Kangaroo Point

Dano

I did have a thread in the Fish Id section but the forum problems last night got rid of it.

Sunday night | 9 November

Fished for about 1.5hrs up to the turn of the high tide. Landed two catfish and a fish I had never seen before:

2974d5c10c.jpg

Thanks to Angus and some of the others they were able to ID it as a Spotted grunter bream (barred grunter bream)

/>http://www2.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/2479.html

He measured up at 44cm had tons of fight in him and was an excellent table fish.

So after my success on Sunday night I decided to go wet a line again.

Monday night | 10 November

Fished up to the turn of the tide and picked this nice plate size 30cm Bream:

e61410cc20.jpg

I was just using frozen servo prawns with a sliver of squid on the hook above the prawn.

Cheers,

Dan

• 1 month later...

king oath got 4 of the slimy buggers last night...

It seems the location of my pontoon sits just out of where the current races through on the run out tide kinda like a big eddy and the catfish love cruising around in the slack water and annoying the hell out of me...

Im going to head down and fish the incoming tide tonight and see how that goes for me, hopefully will be able to send my shark bait out much further on the run in.

nah mate dont think it was me you saw... I havent actually seen anyone down here fishing at all...

But i would like to report some EXCELENT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my first shark tonight! Wooooooohoooooooo! it has been a while coming but well worth the wait - i will chuck up some photos in the morning hahaha

Frozen servo Mullet fillet was the bait, No sinker and a balloon at the end of the trace.

Its a 6/0 Hook on plastic coated wire Purchased it already made up from mossops as a "shark Rig" for like 5 bucks.

It is a real rush when you get one, I had been siting there for about 45min when I saw it swirl around the balloon then boom! just the way it did a full circle around it before smashing it was so cool.

Now i just gotta decide how to cook it up? Anyone got a good recipe?

Put in quite a few hours over the weekend.

Couple of under size bream

Lost count of the catfish!

Couple of runs on the shark bait but no hookups :(

just went down and pulled up my new crab pot a got at BCF yesterday and there is a nice 42cm greasy cod and a legal muddy! B)

So crab sandwiches for lunch and cod for dinner tonight! :woohoo:

Are these cod good eating? I am keeping him alive at the moment cause i have not 100% decided if im gonna eat him... what do you guys reckon?

Archived