Lake K tilapia cull CANCELLED.

rayke1938

I am very sorry to announce that this event has been cancelled as an official AFO event.

The reason for do so is that the lake is now under the control of SEQ water and they require us to have public liability insurance for the event .

This insurance is extremely expensive and way beyond the means of the site for such a small event.

In the past Pine Rivers council have been extremely supportive of events such as this.

It is a real shame as everybody misses out in the name of risk management.

We were also going to collect tilapia fin samples for a combined DPI/ University ongoing study on tilapia as part of their research programme on how to control the spread of these noxious fish in our waterways.

Thank You for your interest and support.

Ray

Or you could just say that the prizes were gifts from a random nice person:silly:

Insurance kills everything:angry: Must be pretty dangerous to go fishing landbased, in freshwater, for small fish, on light lines. Seriously, what the hell! Why would you need insurnce for that? Not as if there's really anything that you could get hurt by that wouldn't be a danger anywhere else:angry:

Cowfish13 wrote:

Or you could just say that the prizes were gifts from a random nice person:silly:

Insurance kills everything:angry: Must be pretty dangerous to go fishing landbased, in freshwater, for small fish, on light lines. Seriously, what the hell! Why would you need insurnce for that? Not as if there's really anything that you could get hurt by that wouldn't be a danger anywhere else:angry:

That's what I thought to start with too. But I guess they're not just protecting the fishermen.

Perhaps Cowfish was to take his rod back to cast and the hook snagged a little kid running around in the eye. SEQ as the dam "managers" may be held responsible for damages as they had condoned/approved the event. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.

Maybe there's a seamonster in there that only they know about:side:

nadders wrote:

what is stopping people showing up in the name of a 'social' without it being strictly 'organised' by AFO (scrap the prizes, etc) so we at least have a fun day out and notch a few tilapia on our belts at the same time?

same benefit to the system, minus prizes etc?

With some of my sons outside school activities,parents sign a Waiver Form,relieving the school of accidental responsibilities.Also,tied up with a junior rugby league club,we also ask parents to sign one,for one off out of the normal events.

Instead of an entry fee,you could ask for a donation of the same amount.

Prizes could be give aways for reaching certain criterias eg weight or numbers.

Just some thoughts???

cheers

Archived