More fish for Lake Kurwongbah

shayned

This morning PRFMA and a few of the usual suspects gathered at Mick Hanfling Park on Lake Kurwongbah to help release more Bass.

35000 Australian Bass have now been added to the 110 000 released earlier this year. The fish looked healthy and swam off strongly.

Very happy with the outcome, of course not as happy as the solitary grey faced heron which just wouldn't bugger off!!!! Hope the mongrel thing gets a belly ache.:laugh:

bruza80 wrote:

Good work guys. Have saratoga been released in there as well or have i been misinformed?

There sure were. The AFO crew helped a lot by raising moeny at the last tilapia cull for the stocking of toga. Shame we could not get the numbers active a 2nd time.

Angus

Angus wrote:

jeff f wrote:
what happened to the tillaspia cull was that the weeken the site was down

No it was due soon but there was no interest so the organisers pulled the plug.

Angus

damn i would have gone again but te thread disapeared off the radar when the site was down and i forgot about it

As the folks who went to the last Tilley Bust know, the efforts of the AFO members who attended were accorded a monetary value under the terms of the Grant.

The funds generated as a result of AFO's efforts were targeted to purchase saratoga to begin a breeding population.

I thank Angus and everyone who came and tried to make a difference. We hoped AFO might be able to go round again but circumstances beat us.

That said I will still join Ray and Andrew for a fish on the 21st and get me some more Tilleys in the company of a couple of good blokes. We dont need insurance for that yet!!! We can collect some genetic samples at the same time.;)

shayned wrote:

As the folks who went to the last Tilley Bust know, the efforts of the AFO members who .....

That said I will still join Ray and Andrew for a fish on the 21st and get me some more Tilleys in the company of a couple of good blokes. We dont need insurance for that yet!!! We can collect some genetic samples at the same time.;)

I'm pretty sure you'll find that Ray is related to Andrew, but I'll wait on the samples just to be sure.:P :silly:

Rocket75 wrote:

shayned wrote:
As the folks who went to the last Tilley Bust know, the efforts of the AFO members who .....

I'm pretty sure you'll find that Ray is related to Andrew, but I'll wait on the samples just to be sure.:P :silly:

rofl:woohoo: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived