Albert River Bass'ing

Cowfish13

Hey guys. My brother and I are looking to try for some Bass from the Albert river in a couple of hours. We've never been before and were wondering if anybody could tell us where agood spot to try would be:) Not looking for any super secret spots obviously, but any spots with parking and a half decent chance of catching a few fish would be very much appreciated

Also what lures would be ideal? Just standard Bass type lures like vibes and spinnerbaits, or would they take SX40's, plastics?

I have only ever been there once and can't remember the name of the road we launched from where there is a little weir and I don't have a refidex handy, sorry. Normal bass lures work fine, surface where the trees overhang and shallow divers would be good. Sx's would be fine. Have never had much luck with SP's on bass.

Might be a bit muddy though with all this rain we've had, should be running a bit too.

Not much help sorry.

Thanks guys. We went out about 40mins after posting, so missed alot of this stuff:(

We ended up going to the Alan Wilke Bridge and we only went land based because we thought there would be atleast alright access. We could barely cast anywhere:doh: In a Yak, it looks like it would be fantastic, so we'd definately like to tag along with someone next time:)

We got frustrated of only being able to cast really close to the bridge, so we headed down to the Coomera for a quick flick. Got a couple of Cod (about 25 and 32cm), got yelled at by some locals, rained on, but atleast we caught some fish:)

Brian D wrote:

Daz

What's the latest? I'm sort of keen.

Well mate get ya hiking boots ready as the bass have taken the opportunity with all the extra water around to move well upstream.... not saying that there ain't bass still in the lower reaches just that their more widely dispersed through out the system...;)

Archived