Mt Crosby wier fish Ladder

Nitris

went past Mt crosby wier this morning for a ride on my newly rebuilt motorbike (which i might add broke down today when i was over neer Kookaburra Park, thanks team moto yamaha) to look at how much water was comming over etc..

went down to the fish ladder and man it was full of fish, heaps of mullet and a few other species that i could not get a good look at. They were all having a great time and were jumping up the ladder like crazy and was great to watch. Come the top ladder where a branch had blocked 2\3 of it, the fish were finding it hard to make it.. almost too hard i saw heaps of them give it a try but almost everyone of these got spat back down the ladder.

i could not get close encough to dis lodge the branch, but the only way u could get to it is from the water authority side.. and as i had no keys and there is razor wire on all the fences, the poor little fish had to wear them selves out..

Wag great to watch they were jumping up the ladder.

B)

threadybuster wrote:

haha a fish ladder. how do the fish know how to use it? :silly: or is it pretty big

they were jumping up them i could c them in the air.. only wish i had my vid cam... looked great cus there was so many stuck there...

and cheers freshy2fish..

Archived