lipped lures

cpetrie

hey guys.

i through my first lipped lure in the water this morning and was surpried by how much resistance they make. i'm just wondering about the technique i should use. all i was doing was winding in and it was moving around like crazy.

is that all i do or is there a trick?

cheers,

Dave

I guess it would depend on what sort of lure it is and what you are fishing for, but my idea would be a few not to vigourous twitches combined with winding to make it dive down a bit and wriggle, then slack line so it starts to float up, then repeat.

I think with most lures, both hard and soft you are trying to imitate an injured or dying fish, as fish are by instinct predators and will prey on the weak.

bootyinblue wrote:

I guess it would depend on what sort of lure it is and what you are fishing for, but my idea would be a few not to vigourous twitches combined with winding to make it dive down a bit and wriggle, then slack line so it starts to float up, then repeat.

I think with most lures, both hard and soft you are trying to imitate an injured or dying fish, as fish are by instinct predators and will prey on the weak.

Prey on the weak, a bit like some people you hav to deal with no doubt Booty:P

Dean;)

Yeah some of the deeper lures sure take some pulling through the water.

I've got some cod lures that are really deep divers (10 to 15m) and they are only good for early in the fishing trip, because once you get tired from a day or two's casting, its just to hard to wind them in!

Dont know what your casting technique is, but to get the most out of lures, try casting sideways with an underarm action. You get more accuracy, and with a flatter cast you can get under branches wharves etc a lot easier.

Archived