Clear Island Waters

loomis

You guys will be pleased to know that the Australian Bass Association released yet another 26,000 Bass fingerlings into Clear Island Waters on Saturday afternoon.

Once again the fingerlings from Sunland hatchery were in great condition and with the high weed content of the area in general, we can expect the usual high survival rate.

Happy days for Bass fisherman.

Leigh.

loomis wrote:

You guys will be pleased to know that the Australian Bass Association released yet another 26,000 Bass fingerlings into Clear Island Waters on Saturday afternoon.

Once again the fingerlings from Sunstate hatchery were in great condition and with the high weed content of the area in general, we can expect the usual high survival rate.

Leigh.

nice stuff!

just hope the weed eating machine that chased me around in there the other day doesn't chomp them up.

username_taken wrote:

loomis wrote:

Once again the fingerlings from Sunstate hatchery were in great condition and with the high weed content of the area in general, we can expect the usual high survival rate.

Leigh.

nice stuff!

just hope the weed eating machine that chased me around in there the other day doesn't chomp them up.

They weren't released in the main basin ;)

i think that a lot of the weed is removed for cosmetic purposes around people's pontoons and stuff. i lived on the system when i was young and and caught gudgeons, mosquito fish, glass fish, snub nosed gar, mullet, freshwater eels and the biggest bony bream and yellowfin bream i've ever seen. nice to get some predators in there- yet to see a shark in that part of the lake system but i know that they're in lake orr which i think adjoins through bond uni- anyone else caught anything in there?

yeah piles of sharks in Lake Orr that sneak in thru the tidal weir at bond uni and stay for good times ..

i remember in the mid 90's reports in the GC bulletin of a shark or 2 that came into the clear island lakes thru the lock at carrara there just before Coco's fruit store. personally i feel its a tall story, as the lock for boats doesn't really give much of a chance for lots of stuff to swim in. moreso if there were sharks in there they'd have been released by fishing persons at any number of spots that give easy access to both the salt and fresh parts of the canal system .. for all our fishing we never saw anything suss..

Archived