Lure colour for Bassin ??

haglor

Hi all,

Have been bass fishing for about the past two months here on the Gold Coast, with all of my catchs coming from the surface on sammy's and others. Due to location ive been fishing and being land based, surface was the only option due to weed and snags in the water.

However yesterday i found a sweet little spot where it is possible to use diving lures, so just wondering what are the best colours for bass in sx40, chubbys and any other sugested lures.

location description -

bridge pylons

low sunlight

water 1 to 2.5 meters deep.

sandy bottom lined with rock walls

green weed every where

cheers

I think I know where your talking about mate. The weed is a pain. I have had a bit of success with SX48's in gold and baby bass colours twitched over the top of weed beds and letting them float up beside pylons. Hope this helps. Using black shallow divers early if they are not keen on the surface bite can entice a bite too.

Brett

Hey Bretto,

Its connected to the same stretch of water that i have seen in your posts,

this spots a ripper, sight casting to decent bream and bass. that was untill i caught a bass and they all scattered.

I thought gold might be the go, but i was'nt aware of using black shallow divers, i'll have a look into that

cheers

Down here in NSW purple or purple and white combo's seem to be the way to go, either Spinner's, river to sea cicadas, also I seem to get them on shallow divers in the green & Black and gold fleck !!

This is a lure by a bloke called Morrie Kneebones!!

[img size=450]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_1138__450_x_338_.jpg

post-1209-1445984838_thumb.jpg

Archived