Sub Surface S/baiting NPD

Dinodadog

Hit the dam nice and early this am for a spot of sub surface s/baiting, had the area to myself and was into the bass 1st cast. This style of fishing is not new as I have been doing it for years as has a lot of others. Idea is to find some water between 3 and 9feet, cast out as far as possible and start retrieve as soon as lure hits the water, keep the rod at a high angle so the s/bait is swimming just below the surface. This is usualy best very early in the morning or late in the arvo, as the fish tend to move around in the shallows during this time or also on overcast days. My second bass come on the 3rd cast and soon after another, then I was wacked by a nice yella right at my feet, oh forgot to mention, dont stop retrieve till the lure is at your feet:laugh: I then went on to pick up several more bass with the biggest going 44cm. No whoppers today but I was as happy as a pig in ****. On the way up the track I run into my mate bill, I have included a pic.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

1st bass [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/kk_001.JPG

yeah i got it, have you got my reply yet?

we are going to try npd tomorrow morn, hopefully with a week worth of the barometer over 1010 we might have a chance lol

luckily io got something more then just a spinner hehe i gonna try a berkley and a strikestar as well iof the spinner dosent get anything

just picked up a heap of different lures from bigw today, damn they are cheap, but not too much of a range (at chermside at least) and a new composite graphite rod for bickies to better do some lure casting, just gotta match a good sized real to it and some decent braid then ill be set to go yeehaaahh lol

Archived