Whiting and Bream on lures for the Kids

BrisBassMan

Hi guys,

Just looking for a spot where I could take the kids to do a little spot of fishing for whiting and bream on SPs and poppers. Want to take the kids out fishing but they aren't taking too well to the baiting and waiting type style of fishing (They just love reeling in the line :laugh: ). Looking for a good spot that we could walk a sand bank of something like that. My experience with whiting in particular on SPs is very limited so it will be a learning experience for all of us :). I guess the old flatty would be a welcome addition too. Oh I live in Brissy on the northside.

Cheers and thanks for any advice you could spare

Geoff

A good spot to take the kids land based would be the pine river near the hornibrook bridge on low tide. Use small jig heads with the sp's and things like worms,small fish etc as far as poppers go the smaller the better like owner poppers and good to see more kids getting into fishing.

Good luck darren.

Geoff,

Snuck up to Bribie the other Friday and discovered Wrights Creek (Cross Bribie Bridge and immediate left, first creek after the canal entrance). The entrance there is shallow and seems to hold numbers of bream, whiting and flathead. I only got a whiting on plastic (worm), but spent most of the time fishing with yabbies, which can be pumped there. Plenty of fish on yabbies, but many are undersize. Vowed to take my kids there soon. They love yabbying as well and are just a little to young for plastics yet. Not sure how old your kids are, but if nothing is biting on plastics there, a quick switch to yabbies might keep them interested.

Just watch out for jetskis on the w/ends.

Good luck,

Stewie.

Archived