trevally on soft plastic at hawthorne 18/4

fishinking

hey guys went for a soft plastic fish at hawthorne on the rockwall next to my house. after a few minutes and a few hits on a 3" powerbait minnow i got onto a fish that was really fast and had alot of headshakes. instinctively i thought it was a bream by its headshakes and runs but then realised how fast it was kicking and to my surprised pulled up a little trevally. i had never seen a trevally caught in the river especially this far down, i was stoked. Then after a few more minutes managed to land my first bream on soft plastics which was very fat and went about 34cm.

heres the trevally

Nice going mate. Funnily enough I saw something smashing up bait from my balcony pretty much straight across the river from Hawthorne at Teneriffe. Would have been about 2pm. Didn't get get a good look at it but probably the same trevs that you got into.

Went for a stroll down the boardwalk in the arvo and a guy and his missus were catching some nice bream down near the powerhouse.

fishinking wrote:

yeah wesfish hopefully they stay in the system ay. umm i wwas using a dark couloured powerbait as you can see in the second photo but not sure what colour name it is sorry. yes c petrie ive been trying for a while now and had heaps of success on powerbaits all in 3".
actually i was using a powerbait 3" as well now i think of it, when i got my lil trev, my color of choice is olive and works well for me on squire , bream , flathead , tailor and the odd cod :)

Archived