Kayak tailor in boggy creek

MOC

Took the kayak for a paddle at boggy creek today at 11.00 and ended up finding a school of tailor of all things.

[img size=480]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC00159.JPG

This little fella would have gone close too 40cm and was caught trolling a mad mullet deep targeting flathead on my 4lb freshwater outfit (heartland x with regal x reel).

Its been so long since I have been light tackle fishing in salt water i had forgotten how hard these little fellas go. I would even say they go harder than bass of similar size.

After a quick pic with the camera on the phone It was released too fight another day.

I located the fish again and caught a few more before heading back. I now need to convince the missus I need a waterproof camera to save having to get the camera or phone out of dry storage for every pic so its not such a chore.

Mick

post-2641-144598490942_thumb.jpg

Angus wrote:

Good to see the Viking is sercing you well mate!

Any issues with it? Or pro's :)

Dont mind hearing pro's and cons in the public as its great for market research.

Nice fish by the way and from the bottom???

Angus

G'day Angus

I am very happy with the profish 45

Pro's

The large storage well in middle of kayak very convenient.

Recess for the transducer in the hull is great.

Tracks very straight.

Cons

A little heavy.

I believe it is the best designed kayak on the market for bait fishing as everything is within reach. The large centre well works as an esky with a bait board on top. when anchored from the rear the two forward facing rod holders come into their own.

If Viking were to make an ultra light version and i would have to upgrade.

Thanks. Mick

Archived