Hervey Bay X-RAPS 25-4

Travis

Well set off friday from work, yes towed the tinny to a construction site lol, towing behind the work truck it took about $30 of diesel :unsure: to get there.

Put the boat in at urangan harbour about 5 in the morning on saturday and set off on my merry way. A few of the locals were looking at me funny when i said i was going offshore trolling :woohoo: . Mind you i have a 12ft tinny thants not nearly as big a a 12 footer these days.

Anyway i find myself about 15 km offsure and i was trolling 30ft+ X-RAPS.

It was early days and i hear a few clicks on the ratchet...... thinking i might have picked up some weed i gave the rod a yank and FISH ON! then fishoff.... lure off.... after i would in about 3/4 of the line FISHON!!! he was swiming towards me.

Got the gaff and scored a nice mackeral :P

Started the trawl again and was a bit slow for a while decided to put on robs halco:P got it snagged on some random rock in the middle of no where.... lost it rob sorry :S

BUT... made another pass of the beacon i was near and well well well heres this purple halco floating past :laugh: got your lure back rob.

decided to go hit up some other beacons and the ratchet goes off again, this time in my little shimano that was struggling to tow the xrap, slowed the boat down and it felt like another snag, gave it bit of a pull as i was on sandy ground and could probably pull whatever it was out of the sand, FISH ON!!!!!, didnt feel like a pelagic and as the lures were touching the bottom every now and then i thought is jagged a small ray, about 10 min later i pull up a nice cod :woohoo:

That was enogh for me as i was starting to get a bit of water in the boat from the increasing swell, i decided to troll back to the harbour and on approach i saw BIG fish jumping at the mouth, trolled over and there was a massive pod of dolphins jumping almost in the boat :woohoo: they were coming right up beside the boat for a look. I would the lures in and headed in.

Not a bad outing, i was only out for about 5 hours, used bugger all fuel and no bait.

I will post pics now too

:woohoo:

Nice one Trav. I saw you holding up that dead cod with pliers....talk about a sook ! :laugh: :laugh:

What speed were you trolling at ?

I have thought about a trip up there with the tinny too. Anchoring just upcurrent from the pier, out of casting range ;) , then floating some baits back towards the pier. :woohoo: What do you think ?

Yeah wouldve been handy if this thread got deleted instead of the one with more pics in it lol ah well. might re-post, i was trolling i rekkon about 5 knots its hard to tell because the tide was pumping, it wouldnt be a bad idea to fish as you say near the pier i trolled past it but it would have to be a glamour day and the right tides and no previous rain, the water was crap thats why i ended up so far out.

Archived