What is a really good estuary spin reel?

with a $200 budget there are quite a few

daiwa

tierra - poss just over the 200 mark

advantage - thinks it just over the 200 mark

infeet - 200 last time i saw @ twh

revros 159 @ bcf sale on now - very good reel had a 2004 finesse model and could easily handle larger fish (ie threaddies and jewies)

shimano

saros - 200ish mark

old twinpower should deff be under the 200 mark

new stradic - heaps of ppl swear by them but i dont like it

the word estuary can cover a vast area, what fish are you targeting, the daiwa exceller, or exceller plus are quite nice reels, for the price. also the shimano seido's i think they are called. a lot cheaper and will cop a bit of punishment! do you intend to soak a bait plastic or lure fish? what lb age line will you use, braid or mono? you have to take all this into account these days! i think you have misunderstood what shortie was saying, as a really good reel would be like a certate or stella for fishing with very light drags with very smooth actions, with balls to drag fish in, as you will find there will be all sorts of questions and answers, but it is you that knows what the reel will be used for and your decision alone.

It seems a simple question was made and a simple and logical answer was given.

IF another qustion like i have $200 to spend on an estuary reel. What the best i can get for this amount. Then Shorties answer would not of been justified.

However he did suggest a stradic and a twin power. The stradic can be picked up for about this money the twin power slightly over.

it is very similar. except the coastal has 7 crbb compared to the advantage with 2crbb + 4bb. also the coastal has a waterproof drag where the advantage does not. its made specifically for saltwater use. i was thinking of the advantage for my father in law. but because he fishes saltwater alot i decided to go with the reel that is more corrosion resistant. hope it helps. and that shop does deliver to australia.

Archived