Jumpinpin Sunday 17 May

jollyfrog

G'day all,

Planning to head out to Jumpinpin on Sunday morning with the wife and kids for a day out on the water. We've goat a 5.3m freedom sport, and am keen to wet a line and if the waters not too cold maybe pull up for a swim somewhere.

We are coming from up north near Arana Hills way, and was hoping for some advice on the best spot to launch the boat, and any tips on good spots to try for the day, both fishing and swimming?

At the moment I'm thinking of heading down the highway getting off at Yatala and heading E until I find a ramp, once on the water though pretty unsure of where to head, as we've only recently moved down here from Townsville.

Any advice or assistance would be most appreciated. If there is an area in AFO which has this info posted, I would appreciate a friendly steer.

cheers

steve

I prefer Jacobs Well ramp - it is 4 lanes (when people back their trailers straight!) and I believe has recently had a floating pontoon added to it. Bait/tackle/fuel, plenty of parking, although can easily fill up on the good days - more parking available on the street.

Plenty of options for fishing and swimming at the Pin. Swimming is probably best down around the Bedrooms - could be cool though! As for fishing, if you don't know the area you could follow the crowd? Really depends on what you are chasing, but some general spots to try are the southern end of Whalley's Gutter, the channel out from the huts, Kalinga Bank and north Crusoe. Tide can run hard near the Pin (although it isn't that big a tide this weekend).

In general look for draining flats and creeks, and the edges of weed beds - you can usually find a few fish in these spots.

Good Luck

mate if your taking the wife and kid you want to make it easy for them,so i would go to horizon shores marina put the boat in put up to the pontoon and the family is on the boat and no problem,and it is easy to get to the pin from there,and it saves fighting for a park at any of the others.brad

Thanks all for the advice,

Does anyone know if you have to pay to launch or park at marina shores? I was thinking of heading out from there, but only if its a public ramp.

Thanks again I have only used this site this year to ask questions, but every time I do I get good responses, so it is much appreciated.

If we get anything worth telling I will post upon our return.

cheers all

steve:)

Archived