NPD 18/5/09

rayke1938

Met the usual AFO contingent, Dino,Graham, Whallyfly, and had a chat waiting for 6am

Rocket and Faulked came along just as we were launching.

The redclaw were a bit scarce with a lot of small ones. We kept 20 for a feed.

Caught more shrimp than redclaw in the redclaw pots.

We then went to usual spot where we caught around 20 bass biggest 44cm.Kept 2 for a feed.

Graham Pflaum took his sister from Adelaide along and she had a ball catching 5 bass on lure but she was too anxious using bait.First time she has been fishing for 30 years.

Got back to ramp around 1230 after another good NPD day.

Sorry no photos.

Cheers

Ray

Enjoy bass abd yella. The secret is to remove all fat from the fillet.

I dont bother scaleing I just skin .

Cheers

Ray

Forgot to mention John Ford went for a swim off the side of the ramp when we caqme back in. At least it is warmer in the middle of the day.

Cheers

Ray

Good to see you out there today Ray.

Graham, his sister and John all seemed to enjoy themselves and get a few fish too.

We had a fairly slow morning with Jase catching 6 bass trolling lures in deep water (30-50+ft).

My lures although the same colour and size as Faulked's remained untouched and I need to resort to a shrimp to get my only fish of the day, a solid yella of 42cm.

[img size=800]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/NPD18_may_001.jpg

Lots of birds active today feeding on schools of bait...prelude to the bass schooling up deep chasing the same??:unsure:

Rocket

post-953-144598494226_thumb.jpg

Cameron went for a dip the other day at the ramp. First trip in his hobie AI without the out riggers, sat down and rolled it straight over on its side! Lucky it was shallow and he was able to stick his arm out to stop a total roll over

Archived