Stanley river.

kiwifisho

Got to work this morn to be told by a mate that the stanley river rose by more than 5 meters yesterday :ohmy: and by all this rain I would say its getting bigger by the minute. By all accounts it seems to stand up to it but with the fish still bein caught after the fact.Oh and by the way I only just made it off Bribie this morn after an hour at work, goin through water up to me doors on me ute and rising rapidly.

Dean ;)

it will be a no go zone for at least a week :( at least..

im up that way today and will check..

but ussually if we have a "normal" arvo storm up that way, it can be out of action for a few days..

my mate up there has been flooded in all week..

Mate they had 300mls up the coast I reckon it might still be flowing pretty hard.

I saw a pic the last time it flooded with James W and I think Angus jusyt after and it looked like hard fishing, especially with the river crossings.

Brett

Hey - went up to the Stanley (just off Old Cove Road in Woodford) yesterday for a snoop around. It's actually looking better than I expected. I was worried that water levels would be crazy but from what I can tell it's probably only a couple of feet higher than pre-flood. There's a fair bit of current and the water's definitely murky but free of floating debris.

I wondered along it throwing every hard-bodied lure I've got at it but didn't have a single take. I saw four different tail flips, so the fish are definitely active but I've got no clue what they're going after because I couldn't see any food on the surface.

If anyone's heading up be mindful of some of the banks - some eroding's happened and there's also some very slick mud where you wouldn't expect it (I came very close to going for an unpexcted swim in a few places).

PS - let me know if anyone sees a flouro yellow stumpjumper zipping past them. After breaking free on an underwater snag it gently floated to the surface, flipped me the bird and zipped off down the river.

Archived