Hello all...

boondy

It's a nice idea, having an introduce yourself forum. Thought I'd better take advantage of it!

My name is Sean, and I'm new to the site, although not to Brisbane.

I have a 4.3m Seajay tinnie with a 30HP 2HP Yammie on the back.

It's equipped with a Lowrance X65 fish finder and is pretty well decked out.

Unfortunately some clown parked it out under a Jacaranda for a year or so, so it's not as shiny as it could be, but still very functional.

I love fishing and getting out on the river and bay.I grew up fishing the bay, but have been away for a long time...one thing I've noticed is that it's a bit more challenging to get decenmt fish at most of these spots now.

Always looking for company when out and about - find it very difficult to balance work, family, social life and fishing. I have reached a solution...I hope...combine family, fishing and social and try to spend less time at work!

Off to Rainbow Beach for the long weekend.

Really looking forwards to that!!!

Might see you on the water sometime!

Thanks

Sean...(aka boondy)

Won't be going offshore - little tinnie (4.3m) and kids doesn't equal attempting bar!

Will be trying the passage. Had success getting flathead on fly in WA. Might give it a go here, and see what happens. Otherwise, will be targetting other estuary species. I'm a bit out of touch, so it will be interesting to se how it goes!

Welcome aboard boondy.

I'm in a similar boat to yourself with wife and 2 kids. It can be a patience tester at times when fishing, but it's good when the wife gets into it and is the one calling for a fishing session or weekend :woohoo:

We're having a AFO Moreton Bay comp next weekend. Nothing too serious (for most ;) ), so might be a good opportunity to come along and meet some of the crew and maybe potential deckies.

Hey Sean,

Good to see another new face on here. I too have a similar sized boat (but no wife or kids) and head out sometimes from Jacobs Well for a fish around Crusoe Island area. Always looking for others to tag along and share some ideas.

P.s Have you cut that jacaranda down yet ;-)

Fishwife wrote:

Thanks for the welcome Dean :)

Are you a Kiwi, and if so where from?

I am pretty much a Christchurch/South Canterbury Gal ;)

Love brissie, but still reckon the fishing's got to be better back home :laugh:

Naomi B)

Hey Naomi :) I come from The east coast of the north island, a place called Gisborne, I think the fishing back in NZ is good but the range of spieces over here is more diverse,I love the fishing here :woohoo: I miss the trout fishing back there but.So I take it u wont be missing the deep south winters hey B)

Dean ;)

Archived