anchoring

zeppelin

hi no-name, yeah we go on a 45 degree angle to the rope and then proceed bout 6knts, just sometimes she wont budge and the bow of the boat gets pulled sideways. Do you just hold the rope to the side and drift back into position and tilt your prop so the rope doesnt get tangled? Its just hard trying to do all this at once and keep an eye out for any big waves heading your way?

the way my anchoring is set up, i hold the rope in my hand and feel the float going down the rope. i also have the rope 6 inches away from the back of the boat, not at a 45. maybe a day to get a few ppl together and have a show n tell type thing as it's hard to write what is sometimes trying to be explained. will try and take some pic's soon.

noname wrote:

the way my anchoring is set up, i hold the rope in my hand and feel the float going down the rope. i also have the rope 6 inches away from the back of the boat, not at a 45. maybe a day to get a few ppl together and have a show n tell type thing as it's hard to write what is sometimes trying to be explained. will try and take some pic's soon.
mate thats a great thought have a day on anchoring mooring and trailer retrieve and a barby sounds great

never considered the eyelets, thats a great idea! saves having to go at the side and hold the rope away from the boat so it doesnt go underneath and have the risk of it getting tangled up in the prop. Well have to get them fitted. thanks for that.

Archived