getting some new gear

aichepee

im looking for a 3-6kg rod for snapper and general esturay work. this will be matched to an abu garcia soron stx 40 which is roughly the size of a shimano 2500/3000. also, a 4000 sized reel for my 5-8kg shimano snapper raider. atm i have around $600 but can extend budget as i have a birthday soon. haha. i had a daiwa sol 4000 and daiwa sol 7' 6-10lb rod in mind. suggestions welcome, thanks.

Stradic 4000 for the 5-8kg

there are many many many rods that can fill the role there, best off going into jones' or tackle warehouse, they can prolly give you a discount too with line and buying the same manufacturers gear.

otherwise Strudwick are a solid local brand, t-curve by shimano though a little heavy are a good rod...

HookedOnTackle wrote:

compared to my other rods in the 2-5kg range, the t-curve feels heavier in my hand.

yeah i kinda thought that about my tcurve 2-5, i just put it down to the reel position and such short butt, i still love it but a big fish really kills my wrist using it :laugh: when i went to buy the snapper t-curve i ended up buying the raiderII snapper as it felt lighter but all so felt stronger.

i went to tw today and got a g loomis mossyback 6'8" 6-12lb rod and am getting a daiwa heartland 4000 for the raider. has 1 more bb than the sol and they're all crbb rather than only 3 or 4 on the sol. also, made in japan; only for $20 more bucks. seems like a pretty good deal.

Archived