Fish this week

bretto

Have been out and about over the last week and have got quite a few fish.

On tuesday I headed to the coomera in search of some breambos.

A few casts in on the early morning session and my cicada sammy was smashed and I called it for a jack and it nearly did me on 2lb braid and 6lb leader and I felt the line hit structure a few times too. Too my surprise up came a nice bream coming in at 44cm on the mat and a new PB by 1cm. Also got a small jew before the sun came up off a bridge pylon on a 4 inch bone white jerk shad.

On the mat (Terrible Effort)

pic.php?u=4393OkmcH&i=43044

Mugshot

pic.php?u=4393OkmcH&i=43045

On thursday i hit the seaway and manage a few bonito and tailor which was fun but the size was not there so I pulled out the 2lb for a bit of fun and got absolutely smaked by something big.

pic.php?u=4393OkmcH&i=43046

I also went to wello today in the yak. The plan was to get a decent snapper on 2lb. Got smoked on the second cast so I traded up to 8lb and the fish never really got any size to them after the first bust off. Got about 25 squire between us as well as a tailor, flounder and a heap of pike.

pic.php?u=4393OkmcH&i=43047

Brett

marty wrote:

Nice fish there Brett - especially the Bream. Amazing that such an old (smart) fish hit a surface lure in the middle of Winter - that is an awesome catch.

Marty

Marty you just made me realise this fish is prob a few years older than me. That is insane. Not sure why the fish would hit the lure but it was glowing bright green and I thought maybe aggression as it was not your usual bream strike. How many times do you reckon this guy has been caught in its lifetime and will it be caught again? pretty crazy.

Archived