NPD 13/7/09

rayke1938

Well finally worked out who the Jonah is its ME.

Went there with Graham and John. Started off not too bad just a couple of ks of chilly westerly so we trolled down and did the redclaw thing with only very poor results.

By this time it was blowing a good 15k and the anchor wouldnt hold when we tried to have a fish near the island. so we tied up to the white marker bouy for an hour and bait fished without one bite.

Trolled our way back at one stage we could only make 3kp[h into the wind.Just as we entered the last straight Graham picked up a nice solid bass around 40 cm on a megabass in around 19feet of water.The only fish for the day.

Got back to ramp at 1200 to find someone writing a note on the windscreen. He had backed into my trailer and broken the lens of the taillight.

Quite refreshing that he fessed up and just didnt drive off.

Back again on Wednesday to have another go. ( at the fish not the trailer)

Cheers

Ray

Yeah caught nothing, one minor tap of interest on a stumpjumper in 35 foot of water but no hook up.

It was strange today, anywhere deeper than 30 foot there were fish on the sounder, I even turned off the fish recognition on the sounder to check! Less than 30 foot of water and it was barren.

Just on 30 foot and the fish show up. Strangely enough they were spread right through the water column, but only in deep water.

P7130006.jpg

and a bit deeper.

P7130007.jpg

Couldn't entice a bite. Tried the Jumpers slow trolled, normal minnows, Blades and lipless cranks, none of em got a look except for the stump Jumper (a 2.5 in purple)

Been a while since I had a yak to, lost a bit of condition - was actually tired when I got back to the ramp, I'd only paddled about 3 or 4k! I went down stream, the odd bit of wind but nothing that looked like causing me any grief. I was off the water by about 10:30.

Archived