kwik grip?

superstryda

Hey guys, I bought some kwik grip contact adhesive to glue the carpet down as suggested but I have just read the instructions and it says the area to be bonded should be free from paint? That is a bit hard considering the whole deck has been painted with 3 coats! Should I use something else? Is there something I can use on a painted surface? Your help would be appreciated as I wanted to have this done this weekend.

Maybe, didn't take the risk so i've taken it back now, think i'll just use the marine sika that i've got, just means i'll have to put some weights on it while it sets. Supposed to be pretty strong and durable, i think. Oh well i'm sik of umming and ahhing i'm just gonna do it. Wish me luck. :laugh:

I know that you have done it already or will have by the time you read this, but as booty said as long as the paint work is sound no worries just give the paint a light sand to give the glue a good key as a fresh painted is to smooth. But if you didnt sand it and used the sika dont sweet as that stuff sticks like baby pooh to a blanket

Phew, :ohmy: I used the sika, finished main deck about an hour ago and with a bit of weight to hold the edges down it seems to be holding well. :) I'll see how it sets overnight, I might need to touch up edges a little as I didn't want to go too close to the edge because this stuff is like tar and just as black. All thats left now are the hatches to do tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the input, i'll let you know how it turns out, there will be more photo's this week in my "Project Update" thread.

Cheers,

Paul.

Archived