Cheap Sounder

goat_man_baa

Just wondering if anybody knows of the where to get the cheapest sounders. Shopping round for a HDS-7, and can find one from USA for just over $1000 AUD with transducer and figure if i'm buying a map card anyway it won't matter that there is no Aus basemap. Has anybody had experience with overseas electronics, good or bad?

If it is over $1000 au including postage you will have to pay gst and duty if applicable.

Either wait to see if exchange rate improves or see if you can break it up into 2 separate transactions one for the head unit and the other for the transducer posted a couple of days apart. Do a comparison between the 2 methods it still may be cheaper to pay the gst.Be upfront with customs and contact them beforehand because if they hold it you then have to go to airport and pay gst to release it and you are charged demurrage whilst they hold it.

Cheers

Ray

They usually have what is called an international model where you can select imperial or metric . Usually around $100 dearer. Pays to sus out the different dealers over there as some of them have run out models on special. Log onto ebay america to find the different dealers and check out the ones who ship worldwide. hodges marine is another one who is ok to deal with.

Cheers

Ray

ellicat wrote:

www.jandhproducts.com

Excellent prices, service, and after sales service as well.

i bought my hummingbird from these guys. i flipped the kayak the hummingbird went for a dunk sizzled out on me. i called jandh and they replaced it for free. all i paid was shipping. great customer service. but i live in the US. most places here have good to excellent customer service if you guys are looking for high end rods try these guys out.

www.tacklewarehouse.com

they have good prices and the cheapest shipping to australia. i sent a 7.5 foot rod to brisbane for $40US and it was a one piece rod.took 1.5 weeks to get there but it was worth it. the cheapest i found while shopping around was over $120US if i shipped it myself.

• 11 months later...

goat_man_baa wrote:

Just wondering if anybody knows of the where to get the cheapest sounders. Shopping round for a HDS-7, and can find one from USA for just over $1000 AUD with transducer and figure if i'm buying a map card anyway it won't matter that there is no Aus basemap. Has anybody had experience with overseas electronics, good or bad?

Just wondering if you managed to get one and what its like, Mine just appeared to have crapped itself and Lowrance have offered me a new HD7 for $855 as the other one is under 4 years old. Mine has just gone to a white screen if anyone has any ideas and all I did was firt a new 12volt battery to the boat turned it on a Voila White screen tried the reboots and nothing

AZZA wrote:

Hi Dave did you get onto the navioncs troulbe shooting line to the guys in Sydney.
Yes bit of a waste of time, all they said its unusual not a normal thing and sound to them like the screen has blown out. I re booted the unit but no change they just said it sounds like the unit has had it then they made the offer of the new model, bit sickening just paid $330 for the new battery then this looks like I have to fork out $800 now for a replacement hope it fits into the opening in the dash they reckon it will, I just have to obtain the documentation from the previous owner or dealer to prove its under 4 years old now before they will do anyhting, such is life looks like I'm back to gardening for a few weeks to recover some cash to pay for it.

Archived