Gearing Up For The Big One - BRC 2009

Angus

• 1 month later...

I'm in this year and have Stewie coming along as my flattie mentor and deckie. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys for the first time. Quick question for those who went last year. How hard is it to get a park (car + trailer) at Colmslie on the week-end? I have only used that ramp a couple of times on the weekend and there always seems to be some organised activity going on and parks are pretty scarce. Wouldn't like to have to leave the boat with all the fishing gear and fishfinder etc too far out of sight during the BBQ. Any ideas?

Steve

Mate, it gets pretty busy there on the Sunday arvo. I've always managed a park in the main area though as an early start takes care of position.

I'd imagine it wont be any better this year, so maybe the security issue will be valid. With the numbers walking around the carpark I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse :S

ellicat wrote:

Mate, it gets pretty busy there on the Sunday arvo. I've always managed a park in the main area though as an early start takes care of position.

I'd imagine it wont be any better this year, so maybe the security issue will be valid. With the numbers walking around the carpark I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse :S

Thanks for that. I look forward to hearing what others are doing. I am a tackle pauper compared to noname and some others on this site, but I would like to hang onto whatever I own. I guess locking in the car would minimise the risk?

Archived