baroon 4.3.07

James W

After much discussion about where to hit up, we decided on Baroon Pocket Dam.\"we\" being myself ,joel and kane....got the dam just on light and was greeted by a glassy but warm morning...so the two yaks ( my mates in the double yak) headed over to \"cod beach\"....i had a spangled perch within the first couple of casts of a tassie devil which brought back memories from our last rip there where we caught almost a hundred of ther little buggas:blink: ...had a hit from what felt like a bass down deep off one of the rocky points but no hook up....fished this bank for an hour with only the one \"real\" hit had and a few more perch between us including Kane's first ever lure caught fish....so a troll back towards the montville ramp began....finally i had a hit and it stayed on!..after a awesome fight and almost getting bricked in the weeds a couple of times my fish drought was finally broken:woohoo: a nice bass!..after a few pics bankside the bass was set free....then began the fishless troll all the way along the edges of the weed banks all the way to the dead tree bay....didnt get a bass in the bay but the perch were there suprise suprise:whistle: ...the troll out the bay did give me a couple of decent hits on the gold stump jumper that i had caught the first bass of the day on and then WHACK!...i thought i was on to a monster bass....ended up being a smaller bass than before but the account it gave its self was amazing...once again a pic and off she went....my mates seemed to lag a bit in the yak (as this was there first time) and they were quick to accept \"lets call it a day\"...the dam was no where near producing the fish compared to the last 3 times i had been...but it was a great day chasing the fish and my drought was broken so i was happy.... [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/b.JPG

post-180-144598408245_thumb.jpg

Seems to be a lot less lilies on the dam now, I wonder if she has had some water come in? The big stump on the point near the Maleny Boat ramp was not visible, so short of TNT, it must have come up at least a foot!

I was up there last weekend, went right up Obi Obi creek, very beautiful country, pity it is no fishing!

feral and ray-saw ya mate snake out there too! had a red belly crusin by at one stage...we keep well away from it in case it decided to come on in like it done to you guys:unsure:

the weed under the water seemed to be dying if ya know wot i mean?...and yer now that you mentioin it...the lillys were really scarce

Archived