Hinze gear

Tim a

Hey guys,

I haven't fished hinze before and I really don't know what to get.

I was thinking of using a small paternorster rig with a wide gape hook to hold the shrimp. About 50 cm off the bottom. 6lb Fire line with 10 lb vanish leader I'm thinking. I'm not sure if I'm under doing the line because the only Bass I've caught before (apart from charter) were from NP and from all they reports they don't fight anywhere near as good as other bass.

As for lures I'm getting some very shrimp like things.

Are these shrimp the same as saltwater yabbies? If not and some has a pic of them could they please post it? Just so I can base my lures selection around that.

Thanks everyone!

Tim

p.s obviously karma for good input!

Yeah like Ray says - listen to every word Steve says - he doesn't waste words with crap.

As to leaders - Sorry Feral but I totaly disagree - if you have flurocarbon around 10-12lb take that. I reackon it makes heaps of difference.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/03/08 19:16

Brian,

For Bass I Use 6lb mono. anything thicker seems to reduce catch rate for me. Flurocarbon is thicker again than mono.

When I use my 20lb braid reel, I have been known to use a mono leader either 6lb or 8lb if I want to use Trilene. Mostly I dont bother, as the 20lb braid is about the same thickness as 6lb mono. (And I use spiderwire which is dark green)

Archived