Nudgee Creek

Do$tylz

hey guys,

well after reading Jordans reports on Nudgee I got the itch to go and have a go so i dragged my brother out with me yesterday at arounf midday.

So we headded off and thought we'd have a little drive around the place to see the spots we could try. We find this creek running right next to a little back street so we stop to have a punt.

Me on my sx40 and my brother on a 3inch dark brown with sparkles paddletail. First cast in and my bro is on. A little cod to start with about 23cm. We let him go. No more after that but a shitload of mozzies.

We set off again for a little drive and find another reach of the same creek. Same respective lures. Second Cast and he's on again:blink: . This time a larger one. Didnt measure him but i reckon he was on 35. Let this one go as well coz we weren't too sure on legal sizes. We have stayed around for a bit with no avail. I had one hit on my lure but no luck.

So we moved on to the larger creek...i think it was the mouth of the Shulz. Nothing.

Moved on another creek on the way home and what happens....5th cast and my brother is on AGAIN:woohoo: .....bastard. This time a 40cm flattie. Let him go as well.

All in all a good days fishing. minus the mozzie bites coz now i look like i have some sort of contagious disease on my arms :(

so my sx40 = 0

my brothers paddletail = 3

maybe I'm doind it wrong...anyone?....i tried different sorts of retrieves all day long.

Photos to come when i figure it out.

Good stuff! The sx40 probly wasn't hitting the bottom enough, For nudgee try using the bigger sx48. This is the lure I was trolling in the creek and it was always hitting the bottom where the flathead are. Also it helped me catch slightly bigger fish.

Nice cod.

Tim

Archived