Teneriffe bikeway last night 13/3

dhess

Went for a couple of hour fish in front of my place last night at about 8pm.

Tried catching a bullie without any luck but managed 3 catfish, an undersized bream and a very good bream (41cm) :woohoo: on mullet strips and frozen prawns.

Photos coming soon.

Dom

Ok here it is:

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=191&page=view&catid=21&PageNo=1&key=0&hit=1

Was using a mullet chopped in half on a two hook rig for he shark bait.

Will try a live catfish next time.

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/03/15 07:59

the problem with the live catties I find is, people recommend you despine them before using them for live bait which makes sense when you think about a more attractive bait.. but, i don't know how well they swim after you cut the spines off.. the ones i've tried all seem pretty sad after you do their spines.

so i figure you might as well cut em down the middle and use half? I'm basing this on the fact that at least when you cut them in half some more scent gets into the water?

:blush: After looking at some photos online grunter bream it is. Its the first time I have caught one.

Fin structure was identical to regular bream so i thought it must be one. It was a bit too elongated though.:unsure: :blush:

Are these guys common in the river?

Bud wrote:

I know this has nothing to do with your nice grunter but (congrats by the way) but can someone tell me how to start a new forum or see a list of all the forums that are happening at the moment. Cheers

Up the top you'll see \"Community\". Hover over that and then select Forum. Good luck.

Another way: Scroll up to the top of the page and just above the very first post in this topic, there is a few tabs. One saying \"Home\", next is \"profile\", next \"Latest Posts\" and then there is a \"Help\" tab

Out of those tabs click on the \"home\" one, that will bring you to the forum home page.

To start a new topic: There is also a \"Start new topic\" tab, clicking on that will allow you to start a new topic in the forum that you were currently in.

Cowfish13 wrote:

Another way: Scroll up to the top of the page and just above the very first post in this topic, there is a few tabs. One saying \"Home\", next is \"profile\", next \"Latest Posts\" and then there is a \"Help\" tab

Out of those tabs click on the \"home\" one, that will bring you to the forum home page.

To start a new topic: There is also a \"Start new topic\" tab, clicking on that will allow you to start a new topic in the forum that you were currently in.

Hadn't noticed those yet - thanks

Archived