12ft Tinny with 15hp on good trailer SOLD

mongrel jack

Hi Guys,

It's time to part with my old boat as I am sick of paying rego on something I don't use. The boat is a painted 12ft tinny with a 15hp Tohatsu outboard (I was told about a '70s vintage). Both are not the best presented out there but also nothing a bit of TLC wouldn't take care of - they have been locked in a shed for the last 2 years apart from 2 day trips. The trailer is only a couple of years old and has an oil filled frame that the guys who built it told me would help protect from rust. I purchased the boat approx 10 years ago from the Bluefinn fishing club at Inala and apart from one instance of the motor getting stuck in reverse :blink: the rig has never failed me. She has a bimini top and carpeted timber floors (once again showing there age) and comes with 2 x PFD's, 2 x oars and a "used once" :woohoo: anchor and rope! I have removed the sounder as I plan to fit it to my yak. Really the only reason I am selling is because I don't use it. I am open to offers as I am unsure of what she is worth however have a rough idea of what I think she is worth so let me know what you think - don't be shy! If you would like to drop by and have look just let me know. Both boat and trailer are currently registered but would sell unregistered.

Even if you are not interested in buying I would be keen to hear what you guys think it's worth.

Thanks,

P1000367.jpg

She looks quite tidy from the pics.

The good things are the bimmini, It's a tinny and anyone can modify it to there needs and the trailor is a big bonus.

The bad thing is the age of the outboard but not a huge deal.

If I was in the market for something like that I would think $1500-$2000 would be a reasonable price.

You might stand to make more if you sold the trailor, tinny and motor seperate but more hassle involved.

Hope this helps.

Cam :)

looks quite neat and nice in the pic's .i would say $1000 to $2000.

depending on how quick u want to move it .

mate sold his 12 foot tinny ,no bimmini or floor ,and a older tinny like this .

but it had flares ,jackets, all rego 's ,etc .

and a 4 year old motor only just had its first service .

went for $1800 it went in a few hrs on the board at work.

the age of the motor is the down side ,but age sometime means not much as a motor and be 20 year old but only done small hrs .

Thanks for the input guys. I have decided to put $1800 on it as this seems a fair price after doing some research - come on, thats a rod and reel to some of you guys :lol: .

Yeah the motors old and rough around the edges but she fires straight away every time and has never let me down. Should also add that it has hydrafoils attached to the outboard. There is also a small amount of surface rust on the back of the trailer - nothing that will cause any harm just letting you know as I like to be as honest as I can. A quick wire brush and a dab of killrust should sort it.

She's a great river fishing platform having covered plenty of river miles and even done several trips to St Helena - when you could fish there! :(

She's gotta go guys so put the word out if you could. Am open to offers and will negotiate both rego's if required.

PM me if you would like further details or would like to have a look.

Cheers,

I don't see the point in selling without the rego's , as the numbers are already on the boat and it means that buyers can drive it away . You will only get a few $$$ back from transport if you cancel as its not alot and they take a process fee - it costs you nothing more other than signing a transfer paper to leave them on and the new buyer pays the changeover fees . I'll offer $1000-00 if you need it gone sometime , like everyone else - the motor and condition sets it back , I'd like to put a putt putt 6hp on it for a few estuary outings , and reliability....cheers

Thanks guys. Just hadn't invesigated what needed to be done to sell registered so if it's that easy it will be sold with the remaining rego (boat May 2010 trailer April 2010 I think :) - or the other way around)

It does have a timber board with the lights and nuber plate attached that attaches to the row locks.

I think it is worth more than a grand and am in no hurry to sell.

Cheers,

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

She's gone now.... Mixed feeling - Sad to see her being towed away after so long together but good to know she will be used rather than gathering dust.... Ebay does it again, 2 days and 6 offers and then sold although $60 in fees is a bit steep - but with the audience they have they can afford to charge that much.

Cheers.

Archived