braid and leaders

ando_04

hay guys, im sure there are a few of sp fisher men out there

i have been using them for about 1 year, and had great susses on them

when fishing with sp i many chase bream trevs and flattys (many fsihng in easturys)

jsut wondering if you guys have used the new fire line xds composed to the stanared fire line.

i use 4 lb with an 8 lp leader ( the main like is jsut 4 lb fireline ) jsut the stanered stuff

i was think in using the xds but i throught there probly aint much of a diffrence than the normal stuff.

dose any one no what the diffrence what xds fire benifits are yto the stander fireline????

i have had many question on how to tie the leader to the braid there is only one knot you need to no for trying a leader i say jsut us a surgens knot

the link has all the knot you need www.fishingcairns.com.au/pages6-1

hope tihs help you all out there

cheers ando

Question for you Mat on the Braid and Leaders.

Do you think this is only suitable for like SP and lure fishing.

Or if i wanted to put on a sinker hook and bait, would you just do this in the leader section with a swivel etc and then tie you surgeons knot to the braid a little higher. By trhis i mean have a longer leader with all the normal tackle etc.

Angus.

hey angus...

braid is fine for using bait with, as it has zero strech so striking is more likely to hook up rather then strech like mono does... also because braid is much more sensative meaning you can feel bites much more easily then what you would with mono. plus its thinner and you can fit more line on a spool...

but if your fishing bait use a swivel because live baits swim and stuff and you dont want your bait twirling unnaturally, and it also stops the sinker from sliding down to your bait. if your using lures use a surgeons knot...

the only negative thing about braid is if you hook up to a good, powerful and fast fish your line can snap a lot more suddenly then with mono... which is why, as you suggested having a longer mono or fluro leader... and have your drag slightly looser...

cheers, troy

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2006/05/09 12:17

When i use baits i always use mono trace. Even if useing the standard \"bream\" rig, i'll always do the surgeon. You never know what might take the bait. Getting the fish you hooked your line up for is great, but missing the op to land a bigger or more aggressive fish through line snapping kinda sucks!

angus mate,

there is nothing wrong with using braid for bait fishing its becoming more popular as the days go onn

braid line was realy made for using plastics and lure fishing, the idea was to make a line jsut as strong as mono but has more sentivety then mono line

braid has no stretch so that means it will be alot more senctive

there are to main reasons why people use mono as leader, becouse braid line is visable to the fish underwater belive it oh not fish are smart :blink: using mon line for leader means the fishi cant see it so its not sus as we whould say about the line

cheers ando

I have the best rig to tie mono to braid adn mono to mono. it wont come undone. the only problem then is when u get snagged u ahve to struggle to un-snag it. its hard as all hell to explain by wirtinb its easier for me to show u. if ur keen to see it send me pm and i will arrange something my knot is called the MC knot.

dave

Archived