where does everyone buy their jig heads?

Eug

used to be a guy that sold some decent gamakatsu jig heads on ebay, however there seems to be a flooding of cheaper gear now and he doesn't make them anymore.

so keen to find out who gets what where? i like the tt nitros but i lose too many and it hurts my wallet. i'd like to buy bulk rather than packets of 4 or 5.

shoot away!

cheers

eug

Mostly get mine from big w. berkeley jigheads in weights up to 1/8th, 10 for $4.50. They arent the best quality obviously but i have had a fair amount of success on flathead and a bit on bream too.

pulled in a 65cm jew on a 1/16th 1/0 hook and it was bent a bit but i still pulled the fish in.

I laughed....

Mate I'm not a keen plastic man any more but I do know I have a problem with 1/8th 7/0 strong heads for hollow bodies used on barra. The ones I have left dont have much of a holding ridge on the head.

The best I can find are 1/4 7/0 but they are too heavy with a 7" plastic.

brian a quick solution to that problem is rig them on a normal hook and either crimp a splitshot onto the shank, or tie with a loop knot and run a sinker in the loop so it sits just infront of the hook eye

as far as keeping them on the hook ive used kind of a frankenstein hook holder just wrapping wire around the shank, or you can use some superglue or something. hollowbellys do tend to have that problem

could also rig it on a worm hook and rig it weedless style, shouldnt affect barra hookups too much especially with hollowbellys

as for the original question i usually just pick them up from mossops, tend toward berkely nitros for most of my fishing since im not into the light gear/bream style fishing i prefer my jigheads to have a little xtra grunt than the TT's. had too many open or get crushed/snap

hmm... i thought it was just me then. i've had a few (TTs) straighten out on what i thought were smallish fish, making me rethink that they could possibly be something big.

i'll check out the berkley ones - thanks nads.

looking to get bulk to stock up for summer.

I founnd a packet of 25 nitro jigheads for $20 at tacklewearhouse a whir back but I have not been chasing flattiez so I still have most of them. I am the same I think the wire on the tt's is to thin and bendy. Have seen molds to makeyour own but don't have time

Archived