Lenthalls lures

Aaron H

Hey guys,

Getting my gear ready for my Easter Lenthalls trip, have a cast net for the fail safe option of live prawns (also got a native queenslander who knows how to throw one, us poor southeners were never allowed by law :laugh: ), probably take a few cray pots, any redclaw in there? But what about lures. I'm thinking taking old faithful GVibes, spinnerbaits for the bass but what about Barra. From what I have read and heard is that something with a bit of noise goes well? I have a few big stumpjumpers any brands I should look for at the T&T show.

Yeah they do - 2nd best lure in my box.

Ferg was using 3\" plastic swim baits in hot colours, you gotta take some of them.

I got one on a green spinner and another on a Repala bibbed 2\" minow with loud rattle.

BUT the real bit I should say is the locals use the barra classic lures in hot colours 120+.

Here's the thing - hug the weeds - the fish are in them and rather then throwing at the weeds and retrieving to the middle (like I did and wasted time) get right up to the weeds and throw along the weed bed retriving right next to the weeds.

Crap I wish I was going there tomorow.

aaron, take it easy and you wont have any trouble. I wore some grooves in 2 of my rollers, but they were old second hand rollers. The light board is the issue, as Brian says, pull it off when you come over the first grid.

Ferg caught most of his Barra on Squidgee slicks, 110mm, in green and gold. Mine were caught on gold kokoda Buff Eye Barra, (probably not the right name, but close enough you'd recognise them on the rack!) and a green 90mm Hard body minnow. Ferg and I both had hits on various poppers early in the mornings, but no hook ups. I caught bass on an orange G'Vibe.

Get onto the fishin Tales forum and check out the latest reports for Lenthalls. Barra have been going hard!

Apparently there are no redclaw in the lake, there are blueclaw in a little dam on the road in (according to Big Dan), but we did not bother, it hardly looked bigger than a swimming pool.

Ray and I had shrimp pots in all over the place and got nothing, not shrimp or blueclaw. (our traps are modified so only shrimp sized beasties can get in, dont like eels in shrimp traps! but small blue claw could have got in easy enough.)

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/03/27 05:35

Put a post on fishntales and you should get all the latest. The road is ok as long as you take it easy in some spots you may just have to roll in and out of some of the larger potholes. It depends a bit on when the road is graded but even with heavy rain the road does not become impassable.

Ray

Archived