Bass Hard Bodies Favourite Colours

theduke

These are my most productive lures, all of them seem to catch bulk bass! I have some other ones that are excluded simply because I haven't used them overly much, I still think they are good lures! The bottom three seem to be bass magnets, they are a cotton cordell big O, predatek minmin 50mm redlip and an Atomic shallow diver (0.3-0.7m) in some sort of translucent purple, brown and clear!

random_011_AFO.jpg

In most cases, natural colours. Like Kiwi said, if they are hungry they will generally hit anything, however when they are closed down a bit, natural colours and detailed paint scheme seem to give me the best results!

Cheers,

Ryan.

but they luv this 1 .

bat-20091231-2.jpg

topwater .thebat .

this is my go to lure .it got my first wild bass ,and when nothing happening i go back to it and i usually get a bass.

this gold and black has worked too.

goldie.jpg

not in dam's,just in river and creeks i have fished for bass.

this is my popper /lure for bass in the creeks box .

bass_lures.jpg

i haven't tried all of them yet ,as i only just got some .

but a fair bit of variety there in colours size etc.

about all i want to add to it is some more spinner baits .

purple is my colour of choice for hardbodyz, but my favourite all time bass getter is a 'spro' rattler in 'old glory' colour these are absolute bass magnetts and out fish other lures by a huge degree ,however i cant buy the friggin things at the moment i can get other colours but the 'old glory' works the best

jason

ps do you sell those lures youve made or are they your secret weapon

/>http://www.spro.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SAS60OGL

bravoboy wrote:

Dusky wrote:
Down Here in northern NSW I use river to sea lures, the DF 40 cranks, BRBA_11_sml.jpg

I have been getting them on that one too.

The other lure thats recently been getting hammered is the Predatek minmin, in black/orange/yellow

I haven't got one on the river to sea baby cranks yet, they are pretty cool lures though, I think it is a bit too shallow where I go most of the time! I found one last time I went bassing, snagged on an underwater log!

Mate I sell them for $13.00 each I also make timber lures for most freshwater fish, Last Sunday took a trip to Glenlyon Dam and got some nice Murray Cod on one I make called the Wilbarra Fatty, all fish where caught on all diferent coloured lures total fish trolled up for the day Cod 5 Yellas 2 not a bad day considering most trips to Glenlyon Dam end up with no fish. I do make a barra lure a couple of small Bass / Bream lures some monster Cod lures and a surface lure I call them Gidgee Lures Cheers Tom

Father_in_Law_Cod.JPG

Father in Law Cod caught on a Wilbarra Chunky

u can't go wrong with a sx40 (most colours)

i have done a bit freshy fishing lately and have tried a few different styles and colours

baby crank 30, clear brown colour is good also was getting them on micro mullet grey colour,recently used damiki vaults in the dam pearl silver, they loved it

hope this helps u out.

cheers

i'm no expert but have picked up enough knowledge off the site to change my lure colour according to the depth. i use greens and yellows on the surface (rapala skitterpops are a great medium sized popper but i have another one that looks like a beetle or something and i don't know what it is called)and purples and dark blues deeper in the water. i've also caught a bass on a chrome slug with blue mother of pearl pattern.

Archived