Hardbody virgin tries at Breaky Ck.

dhess

Being a hardbody virgin I tried to lose my virginity flicking a sx40 306 around near the bridge and boat ramp at Breaky Ck for about an hour and half this afternoon.

Didn't hook anything but had a school of small something or others follow my lure in and had a 20cm ish flounder follow it in as well. Was twitch and stop retrieving.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong? Tide? technique? location? time? nothing just bad luck?

Yeah it took me months to get a fish on Hardbodies when I switched to lures. But now I just about never use plastics. It's just consistancy. Don't give up on them after a few casts like I used to. Keep fishing with them like you are and fish will come sooner or later.

In the river SX40's in colours 301 and 333 are definately the gun lure. They are both a nice gold. 333 is a flat metalic gold and 301 is a gloss chrome gold. I prefer the 301 as it puts out more light and I catch more fish on it but the paint job does seem to chip easier then the 333.

Try fishing between Brett's Wharf and Cameron's Rocks on a very high tide. Around 2.4m+ with Brisbane Bar predictions. Remember that around Brett's to Breakfast Creek the tide is about 45mins to an hour later then the Brisbane Bar predictions. Fish about an hour or two before high and about 3-4hrs of the run out and your bound to get at least one fish on a Hardbody.

Hope this helps,

Troy

Archived