Maybe someone can help me fill in time.

Bud

I have a job out at Laidley west of Ipswich tomorrow and am going to have a couple of hours to fill in between laying tiles and grouting. Does anyone know of anywhere out that way where I can flick a lure or is it all dead grass and cow dungs at the moment.

Just to answer my own question and to let you guys know there is a dam out there called the bill gunn dam. Fishing and boating allowed but is getting a bit low. Bugger didn't take my rod as I thought there would be no use. Next time. There seems to be plenty of structure there and lots and lots of surface action. I must have looked funny kicking myself in the head when I realised there was a fishing hole and I had no rod.:P

Bud wrote:

Just to answer my own question and to let you guys know there is a dam out there called the bill gunn dam. Fishing and boating allowed but is getting a bit low. Bugger didn't take my rod as I thought there would be no use. Next time. There seems to be plenty of structure there and lots and lots of surface action. I must have looked funny kicking myself in the head when I realised there was a fishing hole and I had no rod.:P

Any photos Bud?

No photos guys as I was really surprised to find a dam. Also there is a bridge heading into laidley that has got a lagoon either side. Looks good from the road but didn't stop and look either. As for the so called bum steer jeff...you'll just have to give me the next threadie you catch to make up for it:P

The dam isn't in the best of shapes in the way of water, the boat ramp is out of the water.. but I reckon she'd be a goer early morning or late arvo with poppers as there was constant surface action. Will be back out that way in the next two weeks so I'll go get a few photos wet a line and keep you posted. (that'll give me a chance to get some practice in at posting photos)

Archived