Scarbrough canals

millerjo

I have had various conversations with anglers catching decent fish in the canals around Robina/varsity lakes using poppers and hard bodies. Has anybody had any experience fishing lures in the canals around Scarborough, Bribie or any other canals in the Brisbane area?

I've been watching some fishing video's online and i'm really keen to try my luck.

Thanks Josh

Dont hear many reports, then again i dont really talk to many of the locals around here, it definately looks fishy and i keep telling myself ill hit it up.... but havnt.... thing is it wouldnt see the turn over of fish that the canals down south would see as its entrance is basically sand flats and not as deep as the goldy etc

Iv been in those canals once and got a few bream. Nice canals, would be good throwing surface lures and small crankbaits around, as well as plastics at the pontoons. Should get a few bream. Dirty water dosnt really make much difference in the canals, just got to change your tactics. Throw loud crankbaits in dark colours. Always workd for me when the water was really dirty.

I have scored heaps of bream off the pontoons with the good old gulp shrimp (banana prawn)and hidden weight combo at Scarborough canals lately. I have tried poppers a couple of times early morning without too much interest so went back to the gulps. There are a few long tom getting about in there at the moment which will smash a popper given half a chance. Harbodies worked beside the canals go good too. Keep your eyes and ears open as you can see and hear which pontoons hold fish.

Kev

Archived